CAPE TOWN GROUP TRAVEL & EVENTS (CT Shuttle)- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
CAPE TOWN GROUP travel & events
Tel: 0861 77 88 78 (for South African callers)
Tel: +27 21 556 5606 (for International callers)
Fax: 086 616 0300
Address: 51 Porterfield Rd, Bloubergrant, 7441
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bookings, Confirmations and Costs
1. All bookings are subject to availability.
2. You will receive a written confirmation of your booking, or an SMS if you have not provided an email
address. An invoice will accompany or follow this confirmation.
3. Full payment is due strictly 24 hours prior to departure, or before commencement of the service on short
4. Method of payment via direct bank transfer (details can be found on our invoices) or the following credit
cards: VISA, MASTER CARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DINERS CLUB
5. We regret that we don’t accept any cheques. Cash is accepted only on special request (please confirm
this in writing at the time of your reservation).
6. All prices exclude any parking related costs that might occur should a client request a driver to wait.
7. Rates quoted on our websites are for up to two passengers and are subject to change without notice.
Additional passengers can be added at a rate of R50 each, up to a maximum of 13 passengers.
For groups larger than 13 passengers or larger vehicles for smaller groups, please request a
customised quotation from our reservations team. Failure to do so will result in the first available
vehicle(s) being sent for your booking and Cape Town Group accepts no responsibility for any loss, delay
or inconvenience to any person or their belongings as a result.
8. Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR) and are valid strictly only for 7 days from date of issue.
9. ALL bank charges on international bank transfers are
strictly for the clients’ account.
10. We reserve the right to take immediate legal action should payment not be received timeously.
11. Kindly note that we cannot dispatch a vehicle without a pre-payment, and the proof of payment should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 0866160300. Please be aware that our office hours are from 08h00 to 20h00 daily and the aforementioned proof of payment should reach us during these hours, particularly on short notice bookings.
12. An admin fee and/or surcharge for group bookings and busy dates will be levied. This will be advised in writing at the time of booking. This includes, but is not limited to: events, conferences, New Year’s Eve, Christmas day etc.
12. ALL Prices are subject to change without notice
Cancellations and Refunds
1. We have a 24 hour cancellation period and for any transfer not cancelled or changed in writing 24 hours
before the reserved time, a full cancellation fee will be charged.
2. Refunds will be paid as follows:
a. 0 – 1 day prior to departure – No refund will be paid
b. 2 – 5 days prior to departure – a 50% refund will be paid
c. 5 or more days prior to departure – a full refund will be paid
3. All cancellations to be in writing via email to email@example.com or by fax to 086 616 0300.
No-shows and punctuality
1. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that sufficient time is allowed to arrive at their destination.
2. In the case of a no-show, the full booking fee will be charged, and we reserve the right to take
immediate legal action should payment not be received.
3. The driver WILL depart the collection point 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time, except in the case of airport collections where we are aware of the time taken to clear customs and/or collect luggage, and when flights are delayed. Please be considerate of the fact that our drivers are working on a fixed schedule, and delays will affect other paying clients.
4. You hereby acknowledge that if (and only if) our schedule allows the driver to wait longer than 15 minutes, you will be charged R300 per hour or part thereof for waiting time.
5. We request that you contact us telephonically in case of change in flight plans (diverted, cancelled or indefinitely delayed flights). Please keep our contact number at hand – 021 556 5606.
6. If a flight is delayed, we will endeavour to monitor the situation and accommodate the change, as we are dependant on information provided to us by the Airport Company of South Africa (ACSA). However, we will not be held liable for delays caused should ACSA provide us with erroneous information.
7. Unforeseen circumstances may delay our service. We request that clients wait 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time before making alternative arrangements. If your driver is late for your collection by more than 15 minutes, you will not be charged for the transfer.
8. NB: Please ensure that we have a mobile number of the passenger(s) so that we can liaise with them should we be unexpectedly delayed.
9. As much as we pride ourselves on our reliability and punctuality, unforeseen circumstances may delay or cancel our service without prior notice. Cape Town Group, their employers, agents associates and any
other person indirectly in the employ or service of Cape Town Group not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death, delay or inconvenience to any person or their belongings. Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passengers.
10. There will be no refunds or compensation for entertainment or air-conditioning system failure on our shuttle services.
11. NB: Any changes to your itinerary or route, or any new / extra bookings must be made with Cape Town Group and not directly with the driver.
12. If a passenger fails to join a transfer no refund or rebate will be made.
1. Passengers are allowed to take onto a service one medium sized suitcase or rucksack, and one small item of ‘hand luggage’ with exception of a passenger with a wheelchair (must be conveyed to booking agent at time of booking). We shall have no obligation to carry luggage in excess of the permitted amount (as per standard airline regulations).
2. Passengers should carry their own personal luggage to the vehicles’ luggage compartment. Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried for safety reasons.
3. Cape Town Group carries no responsibility for loss or damage to a passenger’s luggage or personal belongings. We recommend that you take out travel insurance from a reputable insurer against all usual and normal risks of loss or damage.
4. Cape Town Group will not be held liable for any incidents whatsoever, to your personal items or luggage.
Health and Safety
1. The driver has the right to refuse any client who in his/her opinion is a danger to the driver, vehicle or the other passengers.
2. In the interest of Health and Safety, Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse admission to any of our services where it may hinder the health and safety of fellow passengers.
3. Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages, or excessive intoxication by use of alcohol or
drugs is NOT permitted on our shuttle services under any circumstances
and passengers will be refused boarding at the sole discretion of the driver. In the event of the passenger being refused boarding, the passenger will forfeit any right to a refund or compensation. Note that any open alcoholic beverages are forbidden by law in any vehicle.
4. You will be held fully responsible for valet and/or repair fees should you / your clients sully or damage our vehicles.
5. No animals will be carried on Cape Town Group with exception of trained guide dogs accompanying a visually impaired passenger.
6. Cape Town Group will not be obliged to carry any child under the age of 13 years unless that child is accompanied by a responsible adult.
7. Cape Town Group is committed to passenger safety. Each vehicle is insured with passenger liability insurance. We only employ drivers that have been issued a Professional Driving Permit (PDP), which is obtained after they pass a medical examination and once a police clearance certificate has been issued. Our vehicles are maintained to high specification and are inspected daily by management to ensure your
8. Kindly note that we are bound by the laws set out by the South African Department of Transport. We are issued with road carrier permits annually, which allow us to legally transport passengers. One of the criteria of this permit is that our vehicles are never under any circumstances allowed to exceed a speed of 100km/hr. Furthermore, we would love to maintain our 100% passenger safety record, thus we ask for your patience and understanding in this regard. Bearing this in mind, kindly ensure that you allow sufficient time to reach your destination.
1. We completely respect your privacy at Cape Town Group and shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, \”personal information\” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
2. For your convenience, the PAIA may be downloaded by following the link below: www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act2.pdf
3. We will never sell, rent or give away your name, email or address to anyone – ever. We will use your email address only to communicate with you about your orders and information from Cape Town Group.
4. Please note that if you register as a customer, your details will be kept in a secure server for your use the next time you book with us.
5. However, this information is exclusively used for the handling of your orders and for your added convenience. It will never be sold, rented or given away to a third party.
1. Travel routes are decided at the sole discretion of the driver. Suggestions are welcome, but the driver will decide on the final route, and no discussion to the contrary will be entered into.
2. Should you require a larger vehicle (e.g. a minibus when booking for only 3 passengers), please advise
2. For children under the age of 3 years a car seat is mandatory. Cape Town Group offers car seats for children at an additional fee. Please enquire and indicate this when making your reservation.
3. All transfers are door to door. A minimum surcharge of R50 will be levied per additional stop.
4. If a luggage trailer is required, an additional R270 will be charged for a standard sized luggage trailer. Please enquire about the rates for larger trailers when making your booking.
5. We wish to re-iterate that as much as we pride ourselves on our reliability and punctuality, unforeseen circumstances may delay or cancel our service without prior notice. Cape Town Group, their employers,
agents associates and any other person indirectly in the employ or service of Cape Town Group not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death, delay or inconvenience to any person or their belongings. Cape Town Group reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any
6. Our call centre is open from 08h00 to 20h00 daily, however our service operates 24 hours a day. Should your booking be outside of our call centre hours, you will be provided with an alternative contact number in case of an emergency.
7. These Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without notice.